Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Couponing Basics

I've been couponing for about six or seven months now and I can't tell you the huge amount of money that I have saved. Like many others, I always thought that coupons could not help me. I had the misconception that $1 off and $2 off was not enough to make a difference in my budget. I thought that I was saving money by buying generic or store brand items instead of name brands. I quickly learned that when the right sale comes along, that $1 or $2 coupon can mean lots of free or nearly free stuff which beats generic prices any day.

When I first started couponing, one of the websites that helped me a lot was thekrazycouponlady.com. This section for beginners shows you how to become a smart couponer in 10 days or less. I have to admit that it took me longer than 10 days because I was too stubborn to actually believe that this would work. It shows you how to get and organize your coupon, helps you to recognize when you need to shop, and teaches you how to build a stockpile of items that you will always need.

I never realized that there are many items that you can always get for free. Some of these items include toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, deodorant, dental floss, and shampoo. I wish I would have known years ago that I could get deodorant for free. Now that I am beginning to stockpile, I keep at least 10 tubes of deodorant at any given time.

I hope this helps anyone who is beginning their own coupon journey. There are hundred of coupon sites that can get you started. Another site that I have found useful is http://moneysavingmom.com/beginners-page

No comments:

Post a Comment